Freelance work has grown profoundly over the past years and is anticipated to more increase in the coming years. With such growth it is forecasted that freelancers will account to as much as 80% of the whole labor force worldwide by 2030. Previously thought about as mere side gigs and additional jobs, freelance work has now become a major employment choice.
One reason for its overwhelming advancement is the concept that conventional 9-to-5 office work is evidently not compatible in this extremely interconnected globalized world. Another rationale behind this worldwide rise is the corresponding growth and sophistication of freelance platforms. Which is why we’ve prepared this post to offer you with a comprehensive analysis of the top freelance platforms in the market today.
Freelance platforms are essential for both workers along with companies. An Upwork report indicates that 80% of large corporations are planning to increase their use of freelancers. In fact, there is a 30% demand-increase in the variety of work jobs accomplished through these kinds of platforms.
If you believe just small businesses use freelance platforms you are in for a surprise. An Accenture report states that 100 of Fortune 500 business are using Upwork. Similarly, freelance work is getting more popular today as more individuals find it lucrative and hassle-free, which implies, more skills out there for companies.
What do Freelance Platforms do?
What is the purpose of freelance platforms? Businesses situated throughout the world can use freelance platforms such as freelancer malaysia to hire temporary workers for task roles and jobs that do not need long-term employment. Freelance platforms allow freelancers to produce a profile, show their work portfolio, and chat with companies. Businesses can search a directory of freelancers based on experience, skills and associated criteria. Thus, companies can contract out labor- and time-intensive work, and concentrate on their core activities.
What are freelance platforms and what do they use?
- Shortlist prospects. You can shortlist candidates worldwide and perform interviews to pick good suitable for your task. You can evaluate each candidate’s abilities, customer feedback, associated experience, rate, timezone, and language fluency among other elements to prepare your shortlist for interviews. The way to attract the very best worldwide talent is to produce a remarkable online brand existence. This will develop interest in certified freelancers and they would want to work for your project.
- Track work time. Many freelance platforms supply a work diary and desktop app to make it possible for businesses to track work time and outcomes.
- Interaction and partnership platform. Some platforms provide a workroom and chat tool to make it possible for employees to get in touch with customers whenever for clarification.
- Quality control. Services can launch payment only after thoroughly inspecting the final submission for quality and other defined criteria. Plus, they can specify milestones and make payments just after they are sufficiently reached.
- Rate freelancers. These platforms also have a system to rate freelancers based upon their outputs. You can highlight your best performers or caution other companies of bothersome freelancers.
Why Use Freelance Platforms?
What are the advantages of freelance platforms for freelancers and hiring organisations? Here are some of the significant advantages to organisations:
- Access skill anywhere. Companies can access an international talent pool of countless freelancers so they can quickly discover appropriate workers for their tasks. By publishing a professional and comprehensive task post, business can attract a wave of applications from certified freelancers.
- Today’s millennials do not desire to be saddled with the boring grind of standard 9-to-5 work. They want the flexibility to work at their own pace and observe an excellent balance between their professional and personal lives. They are an advantage to such people as they can work to make as much as they need and invest the rest of their time on their other interests and activities.
- Cut expenses. Companies likewise benefit as they can conserve a great deal of money. Employing full-time employees are a lot more expensive as you need to give them a fixed income, benefits, and so on, and also pay lease for office.
- Freelancers are a far more cost-effective alternative. You can get the exact same work done at a fraction of the cost.
- Work with talent as needed. You can work with talents on a need-to basis and end their agreement once the work is done. In case a freelancer does not submit good quality work, you can easily end their services without the hassles involved in the case of full-time employees.
- Deal work-life balance. Freelancers working from house can save this time and instead it spend it on doing extra work to earn more money. Also, freelancers can choose to operate at their own speed and do just as numerous projects as they wish. They can finish their tasks anytime throughout the day or night. In numerous big cities, commuting from house to workplace uses up a lot of time.
- Nurture merit-based system. Pay freelancers based on the quality work that they do; freelance platforms have procedures to guarantee this. As mentioned earlier, they will action in and deal with any disagreement that emerges between the company and freelancer.
Thanks for reading!